WELSH ACADEMY OF MARTIAL ARTS
Karate/Kickboxing is a very effective form of self-defence and must only be used if it is absolutely necessary. i.e. If you or your family are at risk from being seriously
hurt and you have to defend them or yourself.
Never, ever provoke an attack as it could
lead to serious consequences, such as injury and possibly resulting in your licence being revoked.
Care must be taken at all times whilst
training to avoid an accident. If an accident occurs whilst training it must
be reported to your Coach.
Each Coach carries a First Aid Kit in case
of a minor accident, so if you are in need of first aid please ask your coach
Self control is extremely important when
practising a martial art as serious accidents can occur due to negligence of the student, which could in turn result in serious
injury. Training should be taken very seriously, so there should be NO MESSING
WHILST A MEMBER OF WAMA THERE ARE CERTAIN RULES THAT
TO BE FOLLOWED AS SET OUT BELOW:
1. All students must be in possession of a Current Licence (renewable
2. The Licence includes a valuable insurance policy and this
covers you for any unforseeable serious injury whilst training
3. All students must show proper respect to all coaches and
4. The W.A.M.A. training uniform must be worn at all times. No named T`Shirts – plain Black
or White are acceptable
5. Uniforms must be purchased either before 1st grading
6. Uniforms must be kept clean and tidy
7. Under no circumstances must jewellery be worn in class except
8. Finger and toe nails must be kept clean and at a reasonable
9. Students hygiene is extremely important. Feet especially must been clean when entering the Dojo
EQUIPMENT MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES AND WHILST SPARRING - HEADGUARD ETC!
MUST ASK YOUR COACHES` PERMISSION TO LEAVE THE DOJO!
MUST BOW ON ENTRY TO THE DOJO AND AS YOU LEAVE!
MUST BE PAID TO YOUR COACH WHILST ENTERING AND LEAVING THE DOJO!
YOU WISH TO SPEAK TO YOUR COACH WHILST TRAINING – PLEASE RAISE YOUR HAND
(do not shout) AND WAIT!